What loans are available through American Financial Services?
The loans that are available through American Financial Services include traditional installment loans for whatever needs you may have. Loans we offer are scheduled on a regular basis with equal monthly payments. We do not offer payday loans, title pawns, and there are no balloon payments.
American Financial Services is a member of the Georgia Installment Lenders Association.
Is there a limit on how much money I can request?
With approved credit you are eligible to request up to $5,000.00.
Do you require a collateral?
We only generally require collateral in the form of personal property for loans in the amount up to $1,000.00. Loans in the amount of more than $1,000.00 are secured.
What information do I need to provide you to request a loan?
Typically, we ask for the following information:
- your current and possibly previous residence;
- your employment history and/or information on income sources that you will use to repay the loan;
- your social security number;
- your monthly expense items;
- you must provide us authorization to obtain a credit bureau report to assess your credit and payment history in detail;
- once your request is approved, one of our representatives will let you know if any other information is needed.
Is it possible to repay my loan early?
Yes, there is no prepayment penalty if you pay your loan off early.
What is a loan renewal?
A loan renewal, similar to refinancing, means obtaining another loan that pays off your existing loan and gives the remaining net proceeds to you. This second loan has charges associated with it, which will be disclosed on the note. You will need to decide if the cost of the second loan makes financial sense in your situation.
Do you require a high credit score?
A high or a perfect score are not always required to qualify for a loan with us. We also look at other factors when deciding on a loan amount. When requesting a loan through us, you must be approved based on our credit underwriting policies.
Do you submit information to the credit bureaus?
Yes, we inform Equifax monthly regarding all credit transactions. Reports are available to consumers at no charge (annually) at www.annualcreditreport.com.
What payment methods do you accept?
Cash, check, money order, cashier’s check, debit and credit cards are accepted.
How do you prefer payments are made?
You can call our office and make your payment over the phone or you can drop it off after business hours.
When are payments due and what if they are late?
- Payments are due on or before the due date.
- We do not have a grace period.
- Late fees may apply if payments are submitted after the due date.
- If you experience an unexpected problem, please contact us promptly so we can find a mutually-beneficial solution.
Other terms as required